30 January 2009

Brickwork about to commence


My workers have started to transport the cement bricks to the 1st. Floor and they will start laying the bricks tomorrow. I am using only cement bricks and it will be only half brick. The external wall will not be plastered to keep the cosntruction cost to the minimum. Some of the readers will be wondering whether by using cement bricks and only half bricks will be able to keep the heat in the BH within the acceptable limit but I am confident I came overcome the heat and humidity problem as I have a few innovations under my sleeve which I will reveal later, that is, as the construction progresses. I will not have ventiltaion holes on the walls unlike most BHs. . I had just read an article in Pak Hen's blog and this BH in Bonerate, Makassar, Southern Sulawesi also did not use ventilations holes and had been very successful producing 5kg every 2 weeks. My BH I believe could be similar in concept to this BH.


"The “selfish man” is he who would do the thing, even if it harmed others, so long as it gave him pleasure: the “unselfish man” is he who would still do the thing, even if it gave him no pleasure, so long as it pleased others." - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

No comments: