20 April 2009

Unique project going into 2nd month

Remember the unique project which I had described in my earlier post. It has been almost 2 months since the internal and external sound were activated. I still cannot claimed success as there is still no nest marks to be seen the last time I went into the shelter about 3 weeks ago. I have been monitoring the activities from the outside and there seems to be a lot of swiftlets flying around the entrance in the morning and evening and if it rains there will be swiftlets flying around even at noon time. There are many swiftlets coming in and out of the entrance hole and many swiftlets like to kiss (touch) the pointed top of the entrance. The management of this bird house which I prefer to call a shelter had asked me to monitor the progress and report to them monthly. Because of this, I have come up with an inspection form which I produced for all my readers to see below. Comments are welcomed.

This inpection form would be very useful for the management at the early stage as the management will know which direction is the shelter heading so that they can take further steps to keep the shelter on the right track. However once the shelter in successful, this inspection form would not be adequate and a more detailed form would be required which will also keep track of the nests to be been harvested and that has been harvested.

2 comments:

K L said...

Can't read the print clearly !

Tirokswifts said...

Just click on the form to enlarge it. You will see clearly.