31 August 2009

Unique project after 6 months showing positive sign

I had mentioned that I had commissioned a unique project in my 29th February 2009 post and in my 20th April 2009 post I mentioned I had to report to the management of this birdhouse monthly on the progress made and I created an inspection form for that purpose. I have been doing the inspection almost every month and reporting to them. It had been quite a long wait. For the last five (5) month, there were bird shit spots but no nest markings . However, on my last visit yesterday, I was happy to see one (1) new bird shit spot located at a brighter part of the birdhouse and two (2) newly-built nest markings. This to me is a great relieve because this bird house is in a roof with roof trusses all over and I had build the shelter in the center which is free of trusses. This shelter is in the central swiftlet district and the growth is supposed to be quite fast but I am experiencing a slightly slow growth partly due to the swiftlets adapting to the new surrounding which is different from the others around. I also have difficulty controlling the temperature and humidity especially during the hot days eventhough the roof had been insulated with double sided aluminium paper and woodwool. I had made improvements by sealing all the sides of roof making the roof darker and also making variation in temperature and humidity lesser between day time and night. I had been using water fountain and not the taiwan type humidifier previously because of the wetness which will damage the ceiling below. I will be recommending the ultrasonic humidifiers to the management so as to improve the temperature and humidity.

No comments: