04 May 2009

Comments from those who selected Facebook as one of their Top 10 Tools

  • "I use it almost daily online and via my iPhone to learn what my nearly 300 contacts –family, friends, and busiess contacts – are up to. I learn about and from other people by following links they post that they find interesting; by seeing how they feel about news stories; etc. Gabe Anderson
  • I was reluctant to add this one but this is where I keep up with what my kids are doing. I am amazed at the number of times they get tagged in picture albums. Their whole adolescent history is being documented in photographs on Facebook. Not that they always want me to see." Steve Rayson

  • "provides easy communication with students and colleagues, and private communication in groups" Pat Parslow

  • "mainly for my salsa students to keep in touch with other fans worldwide. I add links to salsa music videos and other resources, publicise social events by other promoters: creates a great “club” atmosphere. But I ban most applications – they are just irritating! I have not yet incorporated into my university teaching…..but I think the day is coming!" Jane Challinor

  • "I have been using Facebook as my primary social networking tool." Janet Clarey

  • "A very interactive social network with open API for integrating with social software developed by others" Jose Carlos del Arco

  • "for sharing information" Rebecca Jones

  • "I just like that there is so many things that you can do with it and share things with friends around the world." Karen Ver

  • "When training people around the globe, building social connections between learners is critical. Facebook helps learners put a face with a name and learn personal fact about other learners ... a fantastic way to find other people who are interested in what you want to learn. Great places to share ideas." Janice Petosky

  • "Still, by far, the undisputed number one. Last year I wrote: “I’ve posted about my love of Facebook before. But look, we teach these technology integration classes and we tell our students to find out what their students have and work from there. Well, where are my college undergrads? Facebook. Since I’ve started requiring my undergrads to add me as a friend, I’ve had more communication with my undergrads. It’s been crazy, actually. Students who NEVER would have gotten a hold of me before, are now writing on my wall just to say, ‘Hey Dr. Curry! What’s up?’ I love it.” John Curry


No comments: