12 May 2009

Roving room roof ready to receive a coat of cement plaster

I have been busy this few days supervising my workers putting up the roof covering over the roof structure. It have been a tedious job having to work above the air well. In future, having to do it again I would rather do it on the ground and using a mobile crane to lift it up provided there are working space on the ground. The shape of the roof resemble a turtle. Perhaps this can overcome the nostalgia of the missing turtles at Rantau Abang and the turtle at the roundabout in Ladang. So, if you miss the turtles, welcome to The Hollow. I am waiting anxiously to see the cement being cast onto the top of the roof. I have taken quite a number of shots on the process of putting up the roof covering for the readers to see together with shots of the surrounding works in progress. I intend to turn the surrounding into a garden with ponds, fountains and fishes. This is my dream and I hope will become a reality soon and I hope the swiftlets will share my dream and help to produce more nests. Since the roving room have been covered up. I did a test on the temperature and humidity by placing a hygrothermometer on the 3rd Floor and the result shows 28 degree celcius for the temperature and 85% for the humidity. This is achieved without the internal drainage, the pools and the fountains.


View from the back. Aluminium foil on top of pvc sun-shading
mesh. The main intention is to keep the aluminium foil taut
and aslo unintentionally act as double heat protection

View from the front. Aluminium foil is placed
on top of pvc sun-shading mesh.

View from the back. Aluminium foil
and chicken wire mesh in place


View from the front. Aluminium foil and
chicken wire mesh in place

View of the top entrance. Actual entrance partly hidden

View of the bottom entrance. the swiftlet can choose
either way to enter. Top or bottom.


Entrance into roving room and air-well below. Wall to block light
from entering building. There will be a door in between the wall



Inside of roving room


Flower trough and pond in front of the entrance

Plastering of flower trough and pond wall in progress

No comments: