24 May 2009

Good External Sound Attracts Swiftlets Into Birdhouse

Today, I took the opportunity to visit my other birdhouse to replace the external sound. It is not really a new sound because this sound is already being used in this birdhouse but had been combined with other sound tracks in one pen drive. I was at this birdhouse last Friday afternoon observing the swiftlets. A friend standing beside me pointed out that the swiftlets were attracted to only a particular sound track and would respond by coming down close to the birdhouse, circling the hexagonal tweeter to the extent of kissing them and then diving into the entrance holes, the big one facing the river and smaller one facing the return flight path. I decided to pay attention to this particular sound track and when I went home that night I immediately went through my sound collections. I noticed it is the one which I downloaded from one of the swiftlet blog site. I am not going to reveal which blog but if you are one of the diehard swiftlet farmer who reads all the swiftlet blogs you will be able to locate this external sound. It is so good and is FOC. Thanks to this blogger for sharing. Such a good sound would have cost at least RM300, the minimum. I downloaded this sound into my pen drive and kept it until today before activating it. The video below shows that the sound really do wonders. How long the atraction will last?. Lets wait and see. I hope it last forever if that is the response you see in the video. I will keep on monitoring.


No comments: