12 November 2008

Construction Works Had Started

Construction works had started on site. The first think to consider is the temporary electrical supply . While waiting for approval from TNB for the supply to be installed, whether permanently or temporarily, to my site. I have to look for alternative supply. I managed to source from a nearby house which is currently unoccupied. The owner is staying with her daughter in town and only comes home during the Chinese New Year. This is the house that I am getting the temporary supply.

I am trying to get permanent supply for my site so that I don't have to do another application when my birdhouse is completed.
Besides electricity, I need to have water. Since I have constant supply from the stream in my site, what I need to do is to install a pump and water tank to store the water. I will be using a PVC tank and a concrete tank which will be used later as the suction tank for the BH.
I also have to get ready the store for storage of cements and other materials as well as equipments like vibrators and pumps. Also what need to be constructed is the temporaary accomodation especially if your site is far away from town.

After that you have to fix the sight rails which will be used to set up the BH proper.

I also have to order the timber and plywood for the formworks and steel bars for the footings and stumps as well as for the columns and beams. The steel bars had arrived on site and it cost me about RM3,200 per tonne. Before Hari Raya, the price was RM4,2000 per tonne. Luckily, I did not start earlier on as it would have cost me much more to build. My workers had started cutting the steel bars for the footing. I will be mobilising the excavatormin a few days time to carry out the exccavation for the footings. I have also to order sand, aggragates and cement for the RC footing. The concrete mixer is already on standby. However, check has to see whether the machine is in working condition because it has been staying idle for almost 4 months.

1 comment:

wymoby said...

Sounds interesting.Security is very important. Revealing too much will attract attention.