20 November 2008

Heavy Rain Today


There is no activity on site today as it has been raining heavily since last night. There is a possibilty of flood in certain parts of Kuala Terengganu if the rain keeps pouring for the next 24 hours. Water levels of canals and rivers are rising and the town is in darkness with dark clouds hanging above. I am lucky that the footings had been concreted. Otherwise, I would have to wait another week or two to commence excavation as the earth will get soggy and difficult for the backhoe to move in to do the work. This is the time that I can observe to what extent the stream in my site can take the rain water from upstream and how high my low-lying areas will be flooded. The information will help me to decide on the final ground floor finished level. Though I had decided on the level, it still can be adjusted since I had just started on the column stumps.

No comments: