30 November 2008

The rain has stopped and my workers have resumed work


At last the rain has stopped though there are still clouds hanging above. My workers have resumed work on the ground beam and today they completed the formworks for all the ground beams as well as formwork for the suspended slab. The suspended slab is for the Control Room in the middle of the building. Another bay on suspended slab is behind the Control Room. This slab is dropped 2" as I plan to use this area as a wet area, initially to house the pumps but later on to be converted into a kitchen cum toilet when the empty spaces on the ground floor is turned into residence or workers quarters. Tomorrow, my workers will start to put in the rebars for the ground beam. For the suspended floor slab I will be using steel fabric reinforcement (BRC) to replace rebars.

Today, I received news from my supplier that the price of steel bars has gone down to RM2,100.00 per ton for CQ bars.

No comments: