17 November 2008

Reinforced Concrete Footing Completed

Today, my workers managed to complete fixing the steel reinforcement for the footings and stumps. The mobile crane arrived as scheduled. My kepala managed to fix the water pump despite the initial hiccups and concreting started slightly late at around 11.00 a.m. Despite the late start, my workers with the cooperation of the crane operator managed to finish concreting all the 16 Nos. of footing by 5.00pm. What a feat and credit must go to the kepala and his gang of workers, altogether 6 of them. The crane rental was RM600 per day which is considered high because it was the rate when the diesel price was at its peak. I hope the government can do something to force the operators to reduce their rental.

After my workers finished concreting the footings at around 5.00pm, I noticed quite a number of swiftlets flying low below the tree tops inside my site and some hovering nearby as if acknowledging that this will be the BH to watch. Before this, the swiftlets used to fly pass above the tree tops.

No comments: