14 December 2008

1st. Floor beam soffit formwork completed

My workers had completed the 1st Floor beam soffit formwork and have proceeded to fix the side formwork. I will not be using RC suspended slab for the 1st. Floor. Instead, I am using 12mm thick asbestos free cement board sitting on 2" x 4" timber spaced at 2' 0" centers both ways. This floor will be fixed after the 1st.Floor RC beams are completed.

While shopping in One Utama yesterday, came across a humidifier that atracts my attention. Its the OSIM uMist. Besides only costing RM368, it gives out cool mist and negative ions. this hunidifier is for home use and the con is that the water have to be refilled every 2 days. If this humidifier can be modified to include a float it would be good for the birdhouse. It is much better than the Taiwan humidifiier which are rather noisy and wet the floor. Besides it gives out negative ions which is equivalent to fresh air near a waterfall and I am sure swiftlets will love this environment. There are cheaper versions which cost less than RM200 but they give out both positive and negative ions which is less effective in producing fresh air. Perhaps, someone can use this technology to produce humidifiers for swiftlet farming.

I like the post by West Wing in the Low.net forum today. Here is what he has to say,
"I always like to say that I provide a Swiftlets Sanctuary, a place the Swiftlets can call HOME. A place like their home in the cave which has been disturbed and destroyed by greedy human. I use the word Rancher or ranching because the authority mentioned so. "SANCTUARY" should be the right and true word to use and we only take used nests and we allow the birds to breed and we make the environment as similar and as close as possible like in the cave. We even try to outdo each other in doing so by using automatic equipments and scientific methods in trying to accomplish these. We even protect the swiftlets for predators, harm and keep them warm.........the worst enemy.............. human being."

If you look at my blog address, it is swiftlethaven. That's exactly what I intend to provide for the swiftlets and The Hollow will be about me transforming my ideals into reality, a sanctuary for swiftlets. So, readers keep track of my progress and wait until completion to see what materialises.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly" . - Buddha ...

No comments: