05 December 2008

My workers still work on Friday

Today is Friday, a weekend in Kuala Terengganu. However, my workers choose to work for half a day before they go for Friday prayers. They managed to strip all the side formworks for the ground beams and they have also started to prepare the rebars for the ground floor column for fixing.

Luckily, I got back my camera. The truth is I dropped my camera on my bedroom floor without realising it while taking off my belt to ease myself. The camera got lodged somewhere on my bed and its my wife who found it. I am so happy because I don't have to cough out my savings to get a replacement especially during this lean time.


This evening, I spent some time in my Tirok Swiftlet Farm watching the swiftlets flying and entering the birdhouse. I tried out Harry's Black Cloud, alternating between my 'Monsoon' to see the swiftlets response and my conclusion is that the Black Cloud is a good sound and attracts swiftlets into the farm but my 'Monsoon' is slightly better. The numbers of swiftlets entering the birdhouse is beyond my expectation and seeing the swiftlets surging in at 6.45pm is euphoric. Usually the swiftlets used to return around 7.15 pm but today the numbers at 6.45pm exceeded the numbers entering at 7.15pm before this. This is just wonderful. I expect to see more bird shits on the 2nd floor when I enter the birdhouse the next time and hopefully there are a few nest marks already. For my readers information, the 'Monsoon' is my own editing after hours of listening to all the bird sounds that I have and watching the swiftlet's response to these sounds. The selected sounds are identified and edited by cutting and pasting into one file using Audacity. Harry has got a copy of my 'Monsoon'. Initially, I called this composition 'rojak' but from now on I shall call it 'Monsoon' to give it some recognition.

No comments: