10 December 2008

Formworks for ground floor column in place.


My workers have fixed the steel reinforcemnt bars and links and erected the formwork for the ground floor column. All the formworks are in place and they only need to plumb and level the formwork before they commence concreting. I have orderd some more sand and cement for the concreting tomorrow.



Today, I noticed something unusual. Guess what?. I didn't see any swiftlets in the sky at all. Where have they gone? Does anyone out there have any clue. The last few days were very windy. Winds from the North-east Monsoon were blowing very strongly and probably the swiftlets do not have the stamina to fly back fighting the strong wind and have taken refuge inland, probably in Kenyir Lake and the oil palm plantations in Jerangau, Kertih, Bukit Besi, Ceneh and Sungai Tong. Perhaps, readers staying in these areas can tell us whether they see any swiftlets these few days. I heard from a friend who used to repair and renovate birdhouses in KT town that swiftlets did not not return home because of the strong wind and let the baby swiftlets starve to death.

I made an effort to visit one of the feeding grounds near Kg. Tirok and what I saw are only swallows hanging on electric wire. There is not a single swiftlet in sight.

No comments: